Formed in 1997 to combine agency strengths, enhance customer services, and boost clout with insurers, InSource is a merger of three of Miami’s oldest and most successful independent insurance agencies.
With a heritage of client service stretching back to 1922, InSource has a long tradition of leadership in the insurance industry. Six of the firms principals and one of its associates have served as president of the Independent Insurance Agents of Dade County, three have chaired the Florida Association of Insurance Agents (FAIA), and many have been active on a national level. In 2006, President Alex Soto was installed as president of the Washington, D.C.-based Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America (IIABA), the nation’s oldest and largest national association of independent insurance agents and brokers.
InSource is a merger of three of Miami’s oldest and most successful independent insurance agencies:
- Thomas & Cook Insurance, Inc., established in 1922
- Worley, Humphrey & Ball, Inc., with roots dating back to 1935
- Pennekamp & Soto Insurance Agency, founded in 1959
InSource is organized into seven separate divisions: Business Insurance, Personal Insurance, Small Business Insurance, Professional Liability Insurance, Surety & Construction Risk Management, Employee Benefits (health, life, & disability), and PEO (employee leasing). By dedicating their resources and expertise in these areas, InSource ensures that it meets and exceeds the expectations of its customers and the insurance companies it represents.
Today, InSource is one of the largest privately owned, full-service, insurance, surety & employee benefits agencies based in Miami, and represents more than 50 insurance companies.
At InSource our team of highly experienced professionals take a proactive approach to ensure your strategic risk management plan provides comprehensive coverage while supporting your long-term objectives.
Our Core Values
InSource is based around the following core values:
- INTEGRITY – Honest behavior as a company is nothing more than honest behavior by each member of our firm.
- DIGNITY – We respect the unique worth of each individual.
- CLIENT FOCUSED – Our job is to help our clients achieve their goals.
- WELL BEING – We care about the health and welfare of our InSource family.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE – We believe in being a positive force in our community.